Friday, November 4, 2011

Tummy Time

Preston is starting to do well with tummy time, but I was nervous wondering how he would do since we didn't do it at all in the hospital. He still did well. He is so strong. He has rolled multiple times from his stomach to his back, although I don't think it was intentional.
He still seems fairly irritable and therefore life at home right now is pretty rough for me. I can't be all that he needs and take care of Sam, and Sophia and my house duties. Praying that he starts feeling back to normal ASAP. WE had our first follow up with the doctor today. She was very happy with how he was doing. His weight was 8lb8oz so he is gaining again!!! They said his length was 22inches but I am not sure if I believe that he has grown FOUR inches already!!! We will follow up weekly for the next few weeks and as long as all continues to look well there won't be long term issues from the meningitis.
Sam and Sophia have been especially loving and snuggly since I got home with Preston. I am sad that they had a tough time without me but I am so thrilled to know how much they love me and want me around. Sam came home from school exceedinly excited to show me this card that he made for me. I got all teary and emotional. It just blesses my heart so much to see their love:-)
Sophia is so active, that lately it is a tremendous struggle to get a picture of her. It is wonderful to watch her little compassionate motherly side come out. She has been all about helping take care of Preston and offering to help me with whatever I am doing. She is so cute!
I am reminded today of how tremendously blessed I am with these amazing children.
Psalm 127:3 Children are a gift from the LORD; they are a reward from him

No comments:

Post a Comment