Wednesday, November 2, 2011

9 Weeks

Wow can't believe my little guy is already nine weeks old. This past week has been a complete nightmare. Our schedule is out the window, feedings are out the window etc etc. The only thing that is the same is how much I love this little guy. He continues to be pretty crabby. There was a possibility we could have gone home today but he has severe diarrhea. He has stooled more than 20 times today. The stool is just dripping out of his bum. WE are not sure if it is related to the IV antibiotics or if it is something else causing it. Regardless his poor little bottom is so raw. They sent some stool studies today, so we will find out whether this is a virus or something causing it.
They did STAT labs tonight as the doctor got really concerned once she learned how much stool he had had. But praise God my milk supply is keeping him hydrated. We will weigh him tomorrow AM and prayerfully he will have maintained his weight, and the stooling will slow down so we can go home. His weight today is 8lb6.5oz
It is so hard not seeing my other kids. A sweet friend is going to bring them up to see us tomorrow. I can't wait. I feel so torn between being here and being there with them. My older babies are totally getting bounced around and I can't do a thing about it.
I got some great photos of Preston today. Of course they are all really similar but really cute:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment