Wednesday, November 16, 2011

11 Weeks!

Preston you are now 11 weeks old. I feel like you have been here forever and since only yesterday at the same time. I look and see how big you are and feel like time is just flying by, but then I think about the meningitis and reflux issues and it feels like it has been longer since we have been dealing with these issues. As of this point you are no longer wearing newborn diapers, and are now in size ones, although they seem pretty big on you. You definitely are no longer wearing preemie clothes, and are wearing more 0-3month stuff. You are still wearing some newborn stuff, but you are outgrowning newborn things now too. You are getting better about feeding and are feeding at 07:30, 10, 12, 2, 4:30, 6:30 and 8:30, and then I do a dream feed with you between 10 and 11. This feeding schedule seems to be going really well. I feed you if you are hungry sooner, but if you are still sleeping at 07:30 I wake you and feed you, as is the same with other times. THis way of feeding seems to be helping you gain really well. You are definitely seeming more satisfied. I was starting to feel like you were just snacking and never getting to the nice hind milk that gives you all that fat that you need. SO now that you aren't just snacking constantly you are getting to that rich milk. You have become so much more animated this week. You are smiling and cooing and it just melts my heart. Each morning when I am changing you and you just have your diaper on, you just coo and smile at me. It is probably my favorite part of the day. You are tracking people while they move around the room, and are noticing and responding to different sounds. You are grabbing at things occasionally, and have started batting at your toys on your play mat. Your sleep schedule is still pretty rough. Right now you sleep from about 8:30 to 10, then you stay up until about 2:30, then you sleep until about 4:30 and then you are fed and so cranky. After the 8:30 feeding you go to sleep for the night, except for the dream feed that I do, and then you wake up every 4ish hours through the rest of the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment