Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Birthday

Well today is my birthday. I woke up this morning feeling kind of sad, and was quickly reminded how many amazing blessings I have in my life. And so today is a thankful post. I have so much to be thankful for, and yet I don't often give credit to my Maker, my Provider and my God. So today I am saying thank you to Him for...
-my three precious children, who each bring so much joy into my life. Each one is a miracle, each one has an amazing story of struggle to get here and to thrive. I am so thankful that God chose me to be their mom
-for my little angel that is in heaven, without that loss I wouldn't appreciate the amazing gifts that Samuel, Sophia and Preston are
-for my AMAZING friends...my life has been filled with such wonderful women. Women who pick me up when I am down, who make me laugh who make me smile. They are there with me to cry, to laugh, to cook, to play. They love on my kids, they teach me how to be a better mom. They are there with me to pray to encourage, to support in ANY WAY that is needed. Today I am just so thankful for these wonderful ladies
-I am thankful for my family. I have so many wonderful family members who again are so loving and supportive. I have family who makes me laugh, who love on my kids so affectionately. I am thankful for my parents who have always been so hard working and taught us how to work hard. I am thankful for my mom who has taught us how to be selfless and to always do whatever we can for others. I am thankful for my dad who is so determined and hard working to get where he wants to be. I am thankful for my brothers, who love me just as I am, and know just what to say to make me laugh/smile. I am thankful for my sisters, who bring so much joy to my life
-I am thankful for my church family and church. God has blessed me so abundantly at this church. My faith has grown by leaps and bounds with our Pastor leading and counseling us
-I am thankful for a job that is so flexible with my life (even though I don't want to work) it is such a blessing to talk to my co-workers and make the schedule what works best for our family
-I am thankful for my husband who is so hard working and determined to get this house finished. I am thankful that he is so goal oriented and that when he gets his mind on something he sticks with it. I am thankful that he works hard at work, and how he really does some wild and crazy things to make wonderful memories for the kids
-I am thankful for Jesus, for his love for me. For his grace, for his forgiveness, for his love. I am thankful for the cross, where he died for me, even though I don't deserve it (and never will). I am thankful that God gives us second and third and millionth chances, that we can still come to Him no matter what.
-Today I am just thankful for the many many many blessings that God has given me:-)

1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday! Sounds like you must have ended up having a really nice day! I am so glad to hear that Preston is doing better. :) What a nice post to remember everything to be thankful for!

    ReplyDelete