Friday, September 14, 2012

Not as I had hoped....

So after yesterday I was convinced Preston was all better, that God had healed him and that we were past whatever illness was plagueing him. But starting last night and into this morning he has started having the bad diarrhea again. We are off to the doctor shortly as it has now been more than two weeks that this little guy of mine has had diarrhea. That being said I am ok. I know that God has this completely under control. It is kind of strange, the peace that you get knowing that your worry does nothing. That God has the perfect plan, and my fears/anxiety etc won't change His master plan. That He sees more than I can even fathom and that Preston's life is always in his hands. Now I know that this sounds maybe a little crazy to some of you.... Preston is not deathly ill, but with our history and with all we have gone through with Sam, the thoughts keep running through my head that each of these very frequent illnesses that seem to last forever that he keeps getting is a part of something else. And that is overwhelming if I let it be. But I am choosing to trust my God because He is more than able to provide and care for whatever comes our way. So please continue to pray for my little guy, that whateer is going on in his little body will heal, that his poor bottom won't hurt anymore, and that I can continue to have faith and trust that God has this all in His perfect plan. Sometimes I get sucked into feeling overwhelmed and scared and I want to cry too...
But then I remember to rest in Him. Preston has been strugglng so much to sleep peacefully for the last couple of weeks since he has been sick. He stands/sits etc when he is sleeping or trying to. He had just gone down for a nap and I started singing to him and he layed his head down to go back to sleep. That is kind of how I feel God is talking to me, I start to get anxious/afraid, question whether we are going down the same road that we went down with Sam, and I hear Him say "Rest, in Me." And so I am.... or at least I am trying my very hardest to:-) Pray for all of us to just really rely and trust God right now. Thanks!!! And have a blessed weekend
Psalm 121:7-8 The Lord will keep you from all harm- He will watch over your life; the Lord will watch over your coming and going both now and forever more

No comments:

Post a Comment