Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Hanging in and praising God

Preston had a fairly good night last night. He slept much more comfortably than he has in over a week. Unfortunately his IV blew and they had to restart it this morning, so he got stuck 5 times today:-( Poor little bug. He was also allowed to eat some bananas but he vomited them. So unfortunately due to the vomiting and difficulty with starting the IV, we aren't going to be going home today. :-( Please continue to pray for my little munchkin. He has lost four ounces today too.... As we sit here I can't help but think about how richly God has blessed us. Sometimes life is so busy that we get caught up in the hustle and bustle and don't have the quiet moments to think about how God has carried and blessed us. So in the quietness I have been thinking and I am so so incredibly blessed. Just since this illness... -my friend Stephanie has been making food that is safe and yummy for Sammy. She has taken the extra time to find recipes and ingredients that are good for him -Shannon has taken Sophia and loved on her like I like to do, multiple days, and brought her to and from school -our Aunt Terri, has come over and helped clean, fold laundry, babysit the others, cook, and pack lunches/bags etc. -I got pick me up flowers from my mom, and she came first thing this morning to bring breakfast and let me take a shower -Paula came last night to give me someone to talk to and brought food to eat and Mr P got some snuggles from Auntie Paula so mommy got a break....
-and countless other friends have texted, prayed called etc offering all kinds of assistance. God is so good to me!!! I know I have spoken of Laura Story's song "blessings" before, but I feel the need to share it again. It is so inspiring to listen to this song, especially trying to focus on the blessings surrounding this situation, instead of the hardness of letting people poke at him...

No comments:

Post a Comment