Friday, September 21, 2012

Mass General Hospital and Mr P's ambulance ride

So we transferred down to MassGeneral today. Even though we had been speaking with MGH all week, and they had been saying that they wouldn't do anything different we have been transferred today because he has been sick way too long.... They are htinking there is something more to this than just the intestinal infection. They are talking about ultrasounds and upper GIs, and scopes, and infectious disease docs etc etc. YUCK! He has been fairly miserable since we have gotten here. But is currently finally sleeping. We will be seeing the infectious disease docs in the morning, but for now we are on isolation precautions and aren't allowed to leave the room:-( At our home hospital I had a bed to sleep in but not here:-( Praying that this doesn't screw up my back.
When I started buckling him in his carseat at Heywood, he was so excited. He was smiling from ear to ear. I bet he thought we were out of there and going home. He seemed to enjoy the ambulance ride, and was awake for the first forty five minutes or so, then slept for a little while. And then woke up about 10 minutes before we got here
He was so cute with this phone for the five minutes he let me put him down today. The poor kid even cries if someone else holds him for me to go to the bathroom. He was actually calling "Dada" into the phone. He wants Daddy to come rescue us, and I do too! Please continue to pray. I know God is way bigger than this! God will be glorified in this situation is my prayer. Please pray for peace and healing for my boy:-)

2 comments:

  1. I am so sorry to hear Preston had to be transferred. Hope everything looks brighter in the morning, and that Preston starts feeling better. He looks so cute in all the pictures. What a sweet boy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry that you had to transfer. Hope that things improve soon!!!

    ReplyDelete