Friday, August 9, 2013

Paisley's first days

Paisley Jean is named after two of the most amazing women in my entire world. Both my grandmother and my mother are named Jean, as well as it being my middle name being named after them. I knew that as soon as I got pregnant that if this baby was at girl that her middle name would be after these two amazing women. Her first name has been a complete challenge, but then we found the name Paisley and love it! So it was so amazing when she was first delivered she screamed her little tiny head off! It was such a beautiful sound. Being only 33 weeks we weren't sure how feisty she would be at birth especially due to the fact that I was on so many medications. But she screamed and it was beautiful. She weighed 4lb 4oz and was 17.5 inches long. She is my smallest little angel. Shortly after delivery she started having a tough time breathing. (I was unaware of any of this as I was very very sick). She was placed on CPAP, with the hope that she would be weaned off it fairly quickly. Unfortunately they didn't give her surfactant, so she needed the CPAP longer than expected. I wasn't allowed out of the recovery/critical care area until around 5pm that night!!! It was awful. I saw her (although not clearly) in the delivery room around 3:36 in the morning and then not until the evening. I was so sick that my vision was affected and I couldn't see clearly for hours. The most amazing surprise happened as well. My mom texted all my siblings on Thursday evening and told them that they were doing an emergency C-section. My youngest brother Dennis jumped in his car and drove through the night from North Carolina to come support us!!! I was still in the recovery area when he got here and SHOCKED me! It was such an amazingly wonderful surprise. Poor guy drove thirteen plus hours and then spent several hours hanging out with me before they would take out all the monitors and let me go to the NICU. I was still fairly unstable when we went to the NICU so I didn't really sit and look at her but I got to see her tiny little legs and touch her feet. Dennis got to touch her and was so nervous about it. The look on his face was priceless!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations!! She is beautiful! I think she looks just like her brothers and sister :) I'm so happy that both of you are doing well. I love her name. Paisley is actually one of the middle names we thought of when I was pregnant with Isla. So cute! Can't wait to hear more and see more pictures!

    ReplyDelete