Saturday, August 10, 2013

Spinal headache and visitors

When they attempted to put the spinal in for the C-section the doctors had a really hard time. I am not completely sure why, they said that I had increased pressure in the fluid, but I am unsure if that is the reason they were so challenged. That being said the evening of the delivery I started to have a horrific headache, to the point where I was nauseaous and had visual changes. They determined that the spinal fluid was leaking and therefore my brain/spinal cord didn't have the typical cushioning and that is why I was so uncomfortable. So on Saturday they did a "blood patch" that is when they take a specific amount of blood and then they insert it into your back to patch the hole to stop the leak of spinal fluid. So they did that and I had to remain flat on my back for several hours after it on Saturday, so again was not able to spend the day with Paisley. In the evening, my vital signs had returned to normal and Meg and Jeremy had come so we got to go up to the NICU to see her. She was so peaceful at that point. But we had been told that she "had quite the personality" that "she was very feisty." We all chuckled knowing she was living up to being like her big sister. On Saturday her weight got down to 3lb 13oz.

No comments:

Post a Comment