Thursday, August 1, 2013

Brigham and Women's Part Two

All day on Thursday the doctors were desperately trying to figure out what was wrong with me. But they really were unsure. They decided after I had had the steroids on board for 24hrs that it would be safer to deliver the baby and then allow us both to get better. By the time this decision was made I was feeling absolutely horrible. I was relieved to know that she would be out and that she would be safe, and even though she was a preemie I knew that she would be safer outside of me. If you have been reading this blog for any amount of time you know that I have DESPERATELY wanted my mom in the delivery room for all of my babies. And every time it hasn't happened. With Sam she was helping the victims of hurricane Katrina and took emergency flight home and arrived 15minutes after he was delivered. With Sophia, my dad had a massive heart attack the same day so she was in Boston with him. And with Preston they wouldn't allow her because I was sick. This time around I started asking about it as soon as I got there. I explained to everyone why she had been unable to attend the other births and that it was so important for her to be there. And praise God they allowed it!!! They initially said that it would depend on if they got the atrial line in easily and if I was stable after they put it in. The arterial line placement was probably the most painful thing I have ever experienced. I said that they should have knocked me out first. When we finally went into the OR it was almost the exact time that Preston was born! He was born at 03:38 and this little lady was born at 03:36!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment