Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Maybe discharge tomorrow and sad Sophia....

So today I had to come home again to get the carseat professionally installed. The statistics are so scary. More than 80 percent of all carseats are installed improperly!!! Now I know that I could never forgive myself if something happened to one of my children due to the fact that I didn't have the car seat in properly. So needless to say I always get them installed by someone who professionally trained. In doing that today I got to love on my big kids too. Poor Sophia was so heartbroken today that Paisley isn't home yet. She kept crying telling me that her heart was broken in two and that she was never going to be happy until Paisley and I were home. She said her heart will be devastated until her whole family is home together! The poor girl! I felt so bad for her, but it was a little bit comical to see how dramatic she is :-) There is a possibility that Paisley may get home tomorrow so I am praying for that. Paisley is doing well. They aren't super thrilled with her weight gain, they would like her to be gaining 25grams or more a day, and for the last several days she has only gained 20grams each day. They will probably increase the fortifier they add to my breast milk to make my milk 24calories per ounce to help. She is still only taking 45ml to 55ml per feeding so it isn't very much. Today she weighed 4lb 14oz. The nurse in this picture is named Anne. She is phenomenal. She actually took care of Preston when he was here too. I am so thankful to have such loving, kind, and compassionate nurses caring for Paisley. I would much rather be home (hopefully tomorrow!) but since we can't be, it is great to have these fabulous nurses caring for her. Tonight Paisley is sleeping in my room!!! It is like she is really my baby now :-) I don't have to ask anyone to hold or change or feed her. I can just take care of my girl! I am so excited :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment