Sunday, August 11, 2013

Reunited

Matt and Sam and Sophia came in to visit finally! I have been missing them so much. I didn't think that it would be good to have all three together in the NICU, and thankfully Auntie Paula is bringing Preston tomorrow. It was so nice to spend the afternoon with my family. I am starting to feel much better. Sammy was so sweet looking at Paisley, looking at him watching her just reminds me how big he is getting and what a wonderful kid he is. Sophia was completely surprised I think by how small she was. And really disappointed that they couldn't hold her. I think that that is one of the hardest parts of having a baby in the NICU, you carry this baby for as long as you can, and then you deliver them, and EVERYONE but you gets to tell you what to do and how to care for your baby. You don't get those intimate moments of snuggling and one on one. You don't get to breast feed on demand, or room in with your baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment