Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Struggling....

I haven't really writting on the blog what has been going on in my head regarding Preston. I keep trying to push these thoughts out of my head, and praying to God that this isn't true. But after the last month with what seems like constant illness for Preston I am really starting to feel like he is like Sam. Sam didn't present like a "typical" IgG kid, in the fact that his issues were mostly GI, but Preston is respiratory and ear infections which is the "typical" presentation of an IgG deficient kid. I am trying to wrap my brain around how I can handle another child like Sam, but then am lovingly reminded by God that I DON'T HAVE TO handle this on my own. I have Him to carry me through, and beyond that He has filled my life with an amazing support system of Godly people. Obviously I am praying that this isn't the case however the multiple illnesses that dont resolve easily/normally are starting to be overwhelming. We got some heavy duty antibiotics on saturday in the ER, and today his doctor is calling in another type. That will make four rounds on antibiotics in the last month, and he isn't ANY BETTER yet, But to add insult to injury, he has now developed diarrhea and a rash:-( Here is a pic of my guy when he was happier....
I prayed for this child and the Lord has granted me what I asked of Him. 1 Samuel 1:27 I know that God has us in His hands, and that it will all be ok. But today I am tired and today I have a miserable baby, who has been miserable and not sleeping for nearly a week...

1 comment:

  1. That is so hard. My heart just aches for you and your boys. I wish I could do something to make it all go away. I will keep praying and petitioning the Lord on your behalf. (((((hugs)))))

    ReplyDelete