Sunday, December 4, 2011

Veggie Tales: :The little drummer boy" and Christmas Cookies

So on friday night our church hosted a "Christmas Extravaganza." Our church has always been very involved with kids ministries and and supporting kids throughout their growing up. They have wonderful VBS programs, youth groups, Royal Rangers and MPact (the equivalent of Boy Scouts and Girl Scouts), and then things that celebrate the holidays. This year the kiddos decorated cookies and then got to watch "The LIttle Drummer Boy." The church made the movie like a movie night with drinks and candy and popcorn. And our kids had a blast. My dear friend was diagnosed with pneumonia at the beginning of this week, so I volunteered to take her kids. And they were so well behaved, but let me tell you I was thoroughly overwhelmed with SEVEN kids!!! I don't know how people do it. We also had our special friend Joanie there with us, she has been a babysitter for us in the past. A few hundred kids and their parents came to enjoy the night. It was a lot of fun, but super exhausting. Decorating ornaments
Sophia and our pastor
Sophia and Joanie
Cookie decorating
And unfortunately I didn't get many pictures inside once the movie started but this is the one I got...
The kids had so much fun! Having seven kiddos certainly seemed overwhelming, and I was exhausted afterwards but I am so thankful that everyone got to go and have fun. And I am so thankful for my church which is so focused on letting kids know how wonderful God is and believing in Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment