Monday, December 5, 2011

Findind our perfect Christmas Tree

Several years ago, Matt and I started going to cut down trees from a tree farm. We both thought it would be such a fun tradition to start. The kids really seem to enjoy hunting down the tree, and Sam actually got to help Matt cut down the tree! I was pretty anxious about it but thankfully there were no injuries. We found a new tree farm this year that was just wonderful. There was Christmas music playing throughout the farm so we could hear it as we were cutting down our tree. The grounds were well maintained so Preston's stroller was able to go over them pretty smoothly. They had a golf cart decorated like a sleigh that the kids thought was the coolest thing ever:-) They were so excited to be "hiking through the forest" to find the perfect tree
Preston just napped, he wasn't quite as excited as his siblings
Matt is 6'2" and see how tall this tree is???:-)
We had so much fun! We are hoping to decorate today once Matt gets home from work and Sam gets home from school. My mom is so sweet and gets us a special ornanment every year. I can't wait to hang the ones she got us this year: Preston's first Christmas ornament, and one that has all five of our names on it.

1 comment:

  1. Looks like you all had a fun time! And, it looks like it was a wonderful day for hunting trees. I loved the last picture of you and the kids. I have never seen a place with a cart decorated that way. How fun! I'm so happy that Preston is doing better. I'll be praying for Sophia and her upcoming doctors appointment. In the meantime, I hope you all have a very merry Christmas. :)

    ReplyDelete