Thursday, December 15, 2011

Thankful Thursday

I am really liking doing this thankfulness each week. Sometimes you get so bogged down with the "stuff" that needs to be done, that I forget how truly blessed I am. In writing these posts I can look back over my week and realize again and again how God is blessing me... This week I was stressed about working and not having someone to come watch Preston and Sophia so I could nap. I asked my little sister what she was doing and her response was "Why am I babysitting?" It was great. She came over and relieved my mom so I got to sleep. Sophia had such a blast with her. Unfortunately Deanna works I think six days so we don't get to see her too too much. But I am so thankful that she came to play so I could take a nap. My friend Tippany asked if I could watch her little boy on tuesday, and then after I watched him she offered to take Sophia for a few hours. So I had some time to fold some laundry and get things done. And when she came back she had bought Preston a whole bag of clothes!!! Such a tremendous blessing:-) I have been listening to a series called "Love and Respect." And have been learning so much from it. I have been really trying to put the truths that the Bible says about marriage into practice these last few weeks, and I am feeling like we are making progress. And I am so thankful that I can go to my pastor and meet with him to discuss these truths:-) I spent some time with my co-nursery leader on monday night. It was so wonderful to spend time with her and discuss our ministry and where we feel God is leading us. We were kind of friends before we starting leading this together, but we have developed more of a friendship and I am so thankful. I am thankful that I got to go to a Christmas party last night with my co-workers. I have workered there for nine years and NEVER gone to one! It was a lot of fun to spend time with these wonderful ladies outside of work.
I am thankful that Preston is gaining weight, that Sammy's doing better since the ear/sinus infection, and that Sophia has some really good days when her legs don't seem to bother her. And of course I am thankful for these little blessings:

No comments:

Post a Comment