Thursday, September 22, 2011

Not a good day for patience.....

Goodness, today is one of those days when I feel like I am not a good mom and definitely need to work on being patient. I have been struggling so much with Sophia since I came home. I know I am hormonal, exhausted and still feeling some discomfort. But that is no excuse...
She has been definitely pushing buttons to see what she can and can't get away with. She has been having accidents again, whining what seems like constantly, has become very aggresive towards Sam, defiant, very loud, etc. And all that combined with my exhaustion and hormonal state does not make for a lot of happy times at our house right now with her.
Today as I was washing dishes, all of a sudden she started screaming her head off. She came running into the kitchen and had this big cut on her face. Her entire cheek was flaming red with a cut kind of like an "S" shape with a hook on it. I couldn't understand what she was saying at first. I brought her in and cleaned up the cut, then applied some antibiotic ointment and a bandage. Only at this point could I finally understand what had happened. She had tried to CLIMB MY LIVING ROOM CURTAINS!!!! The curtain rod broke and that is what cut her face!:-(
Please pray for her and I, that she stops feeling so discombobulated with the newest member of our family. And that I can give her the love and encouragement to make her really know how special and wonderful she is.
In other news Sammy is doing well. He seems to be thriving in school, and is really enjoying his time. He has had a little bit of difficulty adjusting to not being able to have as many play dates and trips to the playground. He really wants to learn to read so that he can read books to Preston. It is so sweet. He just really seems to dote on Preston, and loves to hold and snuggle him.
Health wise he seems to be holding his own right now. Next week is his "low" week for his immune system so it will be interesting to see how he does next week in school. We are trying to figure out a good system for the IVIG right now in regards to scheduling it so that #1 it isn't too late on a school night #2 it is with nurses that are able to get his IV in easily, #3 we aren't giving up the minimal amount of outside time we have left before the winter gets here....

Sammy climbed the fence and the tree at the edge of our yard the other day

Handsome little guy taking a little nap

My little princess, on a day when she was willing to get her picture taken

No comments:

Post a Comment