Wednesday, September 28, 2011

4 weeks and 9 years

Preston is four weeks old today! I can't believe that he has been here for four weeks already! He is such a joy although this week has seemed especially challenging. Poor little guy has been so gassy and uncomfortable. I am not sure if it is something I am eating, or if it is because I am on antibiotics for my incision infection or if it is a problem with him. But he is so miserable at times.
He is eating anywhere between every hour and a half to three hours (although the three hour mark happens only once in a great while). He is peeing and pooping with almost every feeding, and is starting to have some very awake and alert periods. I layed him on his belly today for some tummy time and he actually flipped over. He was so angry he was kicking and squirming like crazy and got back to his back.
He is still loving to nurse, but is also starting to do a little better with the bottle. I have started giving him some gas drops which seems to help him.
Sam especially is loving on him a lot this week. He is so cute with him and loves to snuggle.
In other news my husband and I have been married for nine years! I can't believe it has been that long in some aspects and in others seems like much longer. We have had many struggles in the last nine years, but we have had many happy times as well. I am praying that as we have stayed together that God will strengthen and bind us much stronger together. I pray for our marriage to be a marriage that encourages others and helps them to stick it through the hard stuff. Happy anniversary honey I love you!!! Sam and Sophia stayed with my in laws while Preston, Matt and I had a nice dinner. I had a certain meal in mind that I would have then got to the restaurant and realized I couldn't since it probably would have bothered him:-( But we still had a nice time and Preston slept through the whole dinner

No comments:

Post a Comment