Saturday, January 21, 2012

Relieved!

So after working all night thursday I drove into MGH with Preston yesterday. I must say how pleased I am that they were able to get us in so quickly. Dr V didn't even decide to send us until wednesday afternoon and we got seen yesterday! God totally opened that door for us. Preston did fairly well on the way in. Shortly before we got there he got hungry and was complaining but other than that he did great. So we got to see Sam's GI doctor Dr Zella. I really really like him a lot. He does such a good job and is so kind. He really listens to what I have to say and takes my thoughts/feelings/opinions into consideration. AFter listening to everything that is going on with Preston, he really just believes that this is allergy related!!! I am so thankful, and have been praising God for his kindness. Dr Z believes Preston is probably allergic to milk and soy. So he wants me to come off of food containing those items. It is certainly going to be a challenge but I am confident that I want him to received breast milk as long as possible. So starting todya I have eliminated soy and dairy from my diet. Which essentially means MOST of what I used to eat is eliminated. But that is ok. This adventure will produce healthier eating habits for me, and prayerfully a much happier content baby who doesn't seem so uncomfortable all the time:-) PReston did get weighed today and he weighed 13lb6oz, and was 25 inches. Exactly what he was at his PCP at his well child check up. So I got nervous because that means he hasn't gained anything in a few weeks. SO hopefully this week he will
I have been looking on the internet and have found some good resources for recipes. And today I tried almond milk for the first time, and I actually like it! Now I just have to find some bread and some type of butter alternative and I should be good with all of the other things I have found that I can eat.

No comments:

Post a Comment