Thursday, January 26, 2012

So incredibly blessed

Sometimes it is so easy to get caught up in the every day battles/struggles of life. So often I find myself feeling frustrated and overwhelmed with where I am at in this life. Wishing and hoping to be a better wife and mother, but not completely knowing how. Desiring to be a better follower of Christ, but not completely pro-active as much as I should be... And then there are days when I realize how unbelievably blessed I am. How God has just filled my life with so much that I don't deserve, and surrounded me with amazingly wonderful people. Today was a day that started out with me feeling tired and overwhelmed and wishing I could just have some help to get everything done. I was feeling like I was going to fail miserably and then deal with crabbiness at home. But then God stepped in and reminded me of what really matters and changed my whole attitude. And I am so thankful. Today as I was walking out the door to bring Sophia to preschool, someone from our church showed up and said "I heard you could use a new computor. Here you go." And proceeded to hand me a laptop and then left! The person very clearly asked that I not say who gave it to us, and that it is just between us. So here is this completely unexpected way that God has blessed us AGAIN! And then I went and had a meeting with the pastor of my church, and I am always so encouraged and uplifted after meeting with him. He always gives me new insights and encourages me to think deeper. And I am so thankful that I was able to go today. And then someone else randomly told me that they have some coupons for me for the almond milk that I have been drinking. AGAIN unexpected blessing! I look around at my life and see the craziness, sickness and so many unknowns, but more than that I see God's love and provision for us in all circumstances. He always seems to provide in unexpected ways and I am so very grateful. Psalm 100:4-5 4 Enter his gates with thanksgiving and his courts with praise; give thanks to him and praise his name. 5 For the LORD is good and his love endures forever; his faithfulness continues through all generations

No comments:

Post a Comment