Tuesday, January 24, 2012

IVIG

Sammy got his IVIG yesterday. And after last months EIGHT sticks for IV access I wasn't at all looking forward to it! He as always is such a trooper, and the nurses are so phenomenal that he was happy to be coming. Even if he was going to have several IV attempts. He had four attempts today, which is definitely better than last time but I still hate that he has to go through it and that he has just had to become so accustomed to this. We got a wonderful "Therapeutic Play Kit" from the company that makes his IVIG. And so he loves to bring IGI V with us. We call him "I Gee" and Sam loves to give him his medicine too. We were also very fortunate to have a friend come with us which was wonderful since I had all three munchkins. Sam is getting so big! He is now 43.6 lb (19.8kg)!!!

1 comment:

  1. What a sweet boy you have! Even after getting poked so many times, he still manages to have a smile on his face. So sorry he has to go through all of that.
    I just saw all the pictures from your last post. So so cute! I love the last one of Preston in his red little outfit! You got some great photos. And, it does look like your kiddos enjoyed every minute of the photo shoot!
    Take care, and I'll be keeping you and your family in my prayers, especially thinking of Preston and your new 'diet.' Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete