Wednesday, January 18, 2012

19 weeks (and bleeding!:-()

Oh my word! My sweet boy has been here for 19 weeks! I can't even believe it. He is finally feeling better after the sickness and then increased reflux that he has been having. Dr V actually doubled his dose of Zantac this week and it is definitely helping, I am so thankful. In the past week I have been trying all kinds of new activities for him, we have now used the exersaucer, and jonny jumper, and more frequently than we had been using it before the bumbo and the MobyWrap. He is really starting to enjoy play time and loves to be independant. He is so determined to reach things or move when he wants to move that he is usually successful. He has been drooling a ton! And blowing lots of spit bubbles. This week he has also started sucking in his bottom lip, and making this weird sound when he does it:-) UPDATE:-( So I wrote this post early (yes I cheated:-)) but when I wrote it things seemed ok. On monday I got his zantac dose increased, and on tuesday I called the doctors office just to ask her a question, as he has been getting this intermittent rash over the last few days. I also mentioned how since (two weeks ago tomorrow) he has not returned to his normal state of health....She (yesterday) said that we "May be heading down the same road that we did with Sam." I was so overwhelmed as I left her office yesterday. And then today I brought back some stool for some testing that she wanted to do. And she tested it for blood and there was blood in it.:-( I am so overwhelmed and sad. I want to be mad at someone! I wish I could be....I am praying that it is a fluke and that he is fine. But gosh I am so overwhelmed. The first time Sam had blood in his stool it was not until he was two years old. Preston is only four months!!! Trying to stand on what God has promised: What He did promise is this...that He would equip us. He would give us strength. "So do not fear for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand" Isaiah 41:10 He would walk beside us and hold our hand. "For I am the Lord, your God, who takes hold of your right hand and says to you, Do not fear; I will help you." Isaiah 41:13 He would be the light that shines in our darkness. "The Lord is my light and my salvation--whom shall I fear? The Lord is the stronghold of my life--of whom shall I be afraid?" Psalm 27:1 And that nothing, nothing, would be impossible with Him. "For nothing is impossible with God" Luke 1:37 So now we are in the cycle of waiting and seeing again. I am trying to remain positive and remember that God's got this under control. She sent some other stool studies, some may be back tomorrow others may take a little while. And she has referred us to Sam's GI doctor.

No comments:

Post a Comment