Wednesday, October 12, 2011

6 weeks old!!

I just can't believe that Preston has been here for six weeks already! I am so in love with this little boy. He has had a rough week this week and I am not sure if he is sick or is just fussy this week. His bowel pattern has completely changed, from stooling every feeding, to having whole days with no stools. He has rolled over three times now. I am still not completely convinced that he is doing it on purpose. But this week twice I layed him on his stomach and immediately he rolled to his back. :-) I look at him and think you can't do that yet you are my last baby don't grow up so fast:-)
He is eating about every 1.5 to 3 hours during the day, although now that he is full term and is gaining well I am going to try to stretch all feedings to 2.5 to 3hrs but only if he tolerates it. Sleeping still is a challenge. Although we are having a 3hr and a 4hr stretch at night intermittently now. I use the miracle swaddle blanket for him and I am so thankful for it. He is still wearing newborn diapers and clothes, although there are a few 0-3month things that don't fall off anymore.
He always sleeps really well in his carseat, and enjoys being outside. He absolutely loves to be held, and doesn't really like to be put down. He has gotten into a pattern of being fairly fussy in the evening when I am trying to make supper which is quite a challenge.
Preston also went to the babysitter for the first time officially (although last week I left him when I went to get Sophia from Preschool). My mom thankfully was available to watch him yesterday as I went on Sophia's first field trip with her preschool. Will post about that tomorrow....

No comments:

Post a Comment