Tuesday, September 24, 2013

My big girl

I had a follow up with the pediatrician today for Paisley. I am happy to announce that her weight has taken off finally. The doctor was hoping that she would gain between 15 and 30 grams a day. Paisley has intermittently gained less than 15 but never more than 22grams since we have been home. Well her weight gain this past week has averaged her out to 37.5grams a day!!! I am beyond excited about this. It is always so frustrating to have a great milk supply and to work so hard to get a NICU baby to latch on only to have them not grow well :-( It is something I certainly have beat myself up about. I can't keep them in until they are full term, so I always hate that my milk doesn't make them grow chubby :-( Well maybe Miss Paisley will end up being my chubby girl. I am really hoping that will be the case. Now we don't have to go back to the pediatrician for a little over a week this time, and it will be for her two month check up! I can't believe she will be two months old already! Time flies :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment