Saturday, June 29, 2013

A trip to the ER...

So I had to make a trip into the ER today. I initially contacted my primary care doctor and told her how I was feeling. She told me that I needed to contact my OB. When I called my OB she told me that I needed to go to the ER. SO I got the kids packed up and dropped off at the babysitter and then drove to the ER. When I got there they immediately took me right in, even though there was a waiting room full of people. I was so thankful. When they initially put me on the monitor my blood pressure was elevated, and my heart rate was very high. They did all the labs to make sure I wasn't developing pre-eclampsia and HELLP syndrome again. Praise God, as of right now I am not. My heart however is not liking being pregnant. It is working very hard, and too fast. They gave me some meds to decrease the heart rate, and I will be seeing a cardiologist on Tuesday. Uggh I am trying to not be discouraged but it is so hard. It has always been around 27 or 28 weeks that things start going wrong. As I will be 28 weeks tomorrow I am feeling so overwhelmed. I know that God is in control and that the outcome will be okay regardless, but I just wish it didn't have to be high risk and scary. :-( Please be praying that my heart can sustain this pregnancy for at least another 8weeks, and that no other issues develop. And please continue to pray that this little sweetie grows healthy and strong :-)

1 comment: