Thursday, August 2, 2012

Happy 11 months MR P

Oh my gosh! I can't believe the countdown to one is less than a month now! I cannot believe how fast this year has flown by. Unfortunately for Preston most of the last month has been spent being sick. Between a stomach bug, high fevers and ear infections this month has been so rough for him. Unfortunately I am really starting to wonder if there is some immunodeficiency component to all of his illnesses. Praying that that isn't the case. This month Mr P has finally become mobile! And I mean MOBILE! It was like once he figured it out, he was wanting to figure everything out. He now is crawling all over the place, pulling up to stand on furniture and people. He is transitioning from laying to sitting to crawling and back again very well. He most of the time falls to his bottom from standing but doesn't usally fall all the way down. THis month he also pulled himself up in his crib, ONTO THE RAIILING!!! Praising God that he didn't fall out. Due to feeling so crummy this month, he has kind of gone backwards in the eating department. There were many days when he didn't eat food at all and would only nurse. That being said I have a great milk supply again....not sure what I am going to do with my extra milk. This month he has been interested in more bland foods if at all, and has often refused to take a bottle at all from me. We introduced a few new foods to him this month as finger foods: blueberries, skinless grapes, fresh banana and watermelon, cooked (but cold) peas, and bits of pasta. He loves it all. He LOVES his jolly jumper still and is starting to not like the exersaucer as much any more as it keeps him in one place.
The poor guy has had a really tough time sleeping this month as well. It has been quite a challenge sleeping wise. I have put him in his crib each night and he wakes by midnight or so, some nights due to fevers, or coughing, or vomiting, or diarrhea, or ear pain etc etc etc.... So I end up picking him up, giving him something to help the specific problem, and then coming downstairs. He has been sleeping on little boppy pillow and that seems to make things a little easier. So he sleeps on that and I sleep on the couch. I am definitely looking forward to him feeling better. He has been on FOUR antibiotics this month:-(
And this is his new trick:
And Daddy's new nickname for Mr P is the "Master of Disaster"

No comments:

Post a Comment