Monday, March 18, 2013

Sophia Grace

Five years ago, I was laying in a hospital bed at Heywood desperately trying to find my mom and the rest of the family. I called and texted everyone multiple times and NO ONE was answering. That morning my liver had started to get sick and the Pre-eclampsia/HELLP syndrome was rearing its ugly head. I got so frustrated with my inability to find anyone. And then finally I got a hold of my sister's boyfriend and he told me what was going on... My dad had been rushed to the hospital via ambulance and was downstairs in the same hospital that I was in, and was having a massive heart attack. I remember being so devastated and frustrated that I couldn't support my parents during that time. I remember praying and begging God to just make him better. And I also remember desperately wanting my mom with me as I was getting ready to meet my daughter. On that very scary day I remember mom coming up to say hi to me before they were transferring my dad to another hospital. I was so exceedingly thankful for my mom's friend Lois who came to the rescue and took mom and Denise to the hospital. And then afterwards she brought them to meet Sophia for the first time. I remember praying together and the peace that God surrounded us with was amazing! So as I remember her AMAZING day of birth, I am reminded of God's amazing love for us. For His strength, love, hope and power. I am reminded of the tremendous blessing of family and friends. I am so very thankful for those people that took care of Sammy that day (Auntie TeeTee and Uncle Danny), for their willingness to love on him when I was in the hospital, and for them bringing him to meet his baby sister for the first time. I am thankful for prayer warriors and the amazing network of people that God has surrounded us with. As we move forward with the boys and their health problems, I am constantly reminded of God's provision and support. Of His love and the hope that He gives. This road may not always be easy, but it is ALWAYS blessed and I am thankful to be traveling it with so many wonderful people.

No comments:

Post a Comment