Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Cardiology and OB update

I followed up with the cardiologist today at Brigham. They are so wonderful there. Unfortunately they have still not received all of my results from the testing they have done, but Dr Pande is pretty sure that I am flipping in and out of SVT (supraventricular tachycardia) and due to the fact that I am now symptomatic with it she has started me on medication for it. I will start in the morning, but honestly I am anxious about it as it could lower Baby Surprise's heartrate:-(
I had an ultrasound and biophysical profile for baby surprise today. A BPP is a test they use to see how well the baby is doing in several areas in utero. So the maximum score that the baby can get is 8 out of 8, and that is what our little munchkin scored:-) Praise God!!! It was quite a long ultrasound as they did all the little scoring parts, and I was able to watch him/her open and close hands, practice swallowing, and all kinds of wiggling:-) LOVE IT!!! We didn't get a fetal weight today but he/she certainly looks bigger. The OB said that I should stop working so much but didn't write me a note so I am not sure how that will go over with my boss. She also said that they would probably pull me out of work at my next visit....

No comments:

Post a Comment