Sunday, May 15, 2011

Contemplating my options....

I started with urinary tract symptoms on thursday and had the OB office order the urine test to see. When I spoke with them on friday, they said that they would get the results on monday. My response was :you are going to make me wait until monday to treat it?" My mind started thinking about the risks of being pregnant with an infection etc etc....By yesterday I was feeling absolutely horrible. I called OB and they weren't at all concerned since I didn't have a fever. I called my friend and was complaining to her about it. She kept telling me that I should call down to High Risk or call my PCP, I told her that I would depending on how I felt throughout the rest of today.
Thankfully my friend saw my primary today at the hospital and told her how awful I was feeling. So my MD checked my urine and found that I did have a UTI, and she called in an antibiotic for me. So I am so thankful.
In this process though I have really started questioning what I should be doing for the duration of this pregnancy. I am so frustrated with the OB's and their lack of caring or concern. I am not sure I completely trust them to take good care of me. With the multitude of complications that I had with the previous pregnancies, I feel like I need to have a doctor who is proactive and realizes how deathly ill I got with SAm, and how because of good medical care with Sophia that was avoided. I am scared that these doctors don't care enough to make sure the outcome is good.
But on the flip side I don't want to go to a teaching hospital where there is no continuity of care. Where the high risks that I see don't know or understand my whole history because they have never seen me before. I want to know what is going to happen and who is going to take care of me. I don't want to be far away from my kids and family if I have to be in the hospital for a while before the baby is born. I don't want to be so far away that I can't see my kids everyday if I am in the hospital long term. Uggh I don't know what to do??? I keep praying to God to give me direction but I am not sure what the direction is yet. Please pray....

No comments:

Post a Comment