Friday, May 6, 2011

18 weeks

Pregnancy Highlights:
How Far Along: 18 Weeks

Doctor: I went to the high risk OB clinic yesterday, as well as had my ultrasound. I had been so extremely anxious that there was something wrong that I didn't really enjoy the ultrasound. Of course it didn't help that the technician did the ultrasound and then said that she had to go show themto the doctor, and was gone for like 20 minutes!!!! I got more and more anxious as time went on. When she finally came back all she said was that se had brought the ultrasound directly to the high risk OB. So as we are walking over there my anxiety is through the roof. They said what they saw was ok, but they didn't get good views of the heart. So I have to go back. The doctor also made me nervous, and is recommending a full pre-eclampsia workup now. I see my regular OB next week so I will see what her thoughts are.

Size of baby: Munchkin now weighs about 5-7 ounces and is a little more than five and a half inches long, about the size of a pickle:-)


Development: Munchkin can now hear, and senses of smell, taste, site and hearing are developing this week. Bones are beginning ossification, and myelin sheathes are starting to cover nerves.

Sleep: Has been a little better this week, except for Sam is sick and has ended up in our bed a couple of times, so I have ended up on the couch.

What I miss: Nothing really this week

Cravings: Vitamin Water. Grapes, and strawberries, and smoothies

Weight: NONE lost this week!!! And I gained a pound!!!

Symptoms: Nausea is getting better, praising God for that. Starting to feel a little congested but I am not sure if it is pregnancy related or allergy related. I have also started having lots of anxiety this week, and have been so fearful that things are wrong, or that they will go wrong.

Best Moment this week: Having the ultrasound and realizing that the baby was growing ok. I feel slightly relived but am still so anxious. I am hoping after they do the ultrasound of the heart that I will feel better.

No comments:

Post a Comment