Sunday, May 8, 2011

Mother's Day

Today is Mother's Day. Today was kind of a hard day. This mother's day is the first since my grandmother has passed away. I knew it would be hard but I didn't realize how much. This morning as I hugged my mom, we both cried. I can't imagine how hard it is for her to not have her mom.
My grandmother was a truly amazing inspirational woman. I am so thankful that I had the priviledge of knowing her for 29 years, and for my children to also know and love her. I miss her so much.
These pictures are from Sophia's dedication in 2008. She was wearing my grandmother's Christening gown from 1924!!! Amazing right? It was so special that my grandmother was able to be with us that day:-) It makes me sad to think that she won't get to know this new little life that I am carrying. That she won't be able to rock him/her and sing to her like she sang to me and to Sam and Sophia. I miss you so much Grammie! Rejoicing in the knowledge that someday I will see you again.

No comments:

Post a Comment