Wednesday, January 2, 2013

IVIG for Preston and severe belly pain for Sam

Today was quite the day. Today was the first day back to school for Sam. He got up well this morning and we made it to the bus stop just fine. Then Sophia, Preston and I went to my mom's so Sophia could spend the day with her. Then Preston and I headed into Children's for his IVIG. He was so serious when we arrived. I didn't expect him to remember from only being their one previous time. But I think he did. He would not smile AT ALL initially. He was so very sad when they put the IV in, but they got it on the first try. And they gave him tons of toys to play with so he did have fun. And it all went well. He took a nice little nap and all went fabulously.
We got home just in time for me to make dinner. Sam was a little irritable but was only complaining that he was hungry so I didn't think too much about it. He ate dinner really well and then was in excrutiating pain. He was like writhing in pain on my couch. It was awful to see. He did that before when he had the eosinophilic colitis, and I am prayign to God that it isn't coming back :-( I ended up giving him some papaya enzymes and it seemed to help. The GI doctor on call said it could be a colitis from the description I gave her, but I am praying it was just some fleeting hting

No comments:

Post a Comment