Friday, June 24, 2011

25 weeks!!!

How far along:
25 Weeks

Doctor: I went in yesterday to see the doctor at Brigham and Women's. It was an ok appointment. I am feeling pretty crappy to be perfectly honest. I started having diarrhea on wednesday, and have a headache and increased stomach pain. I am anxious about it as that is how I presented with HELLP syndrome with both Sam and Sophia. My blood pressure was 116/68, so there isn't any high blood pressure yet. I did have protein in my urine today which I hadn't had previously:-( They did a lot of blood work, but I do not know the results yet, and they repeated my glucola test, the last doctor I was going to had me start doing finger sticks four times a day, but they have ALL been normal, so they are checking this to see if I can stop doing it. I will be calling later to get the results of all the blood work

Size of baby: Munchkin now weighs about 1 and 1/2 pounds and is around thirteen and a half inches long, about the size of one of those recorders that you learn to play in elementary school :-)


Development: Baby Surprise has developed his/her taste buds, and can now taste the difference between sweet and salty. Brain and nerve endings are developed enough now that the baby has a sense of touch.

Sleep: Sleeping very well. Although I am still a little tired, and would love to nap during the day

What I miss: Nothing really this week

Cravings: I am craving ice chips, and chocolate:-)

Weight: I was up 1 lb from my visit to the office two weeks ago, so that makes me be a total of 15 pounds under my starting weight. But I feel like I am HUGE:-) and loving it

Symptoms: Heartburn is continuing, the right upper quadrant pain is continuing. But this week I have started with some diarrhea and increased headaches as well.

Best Moment this week: Hearing the heart beat at the doctors office is something I will never get tired of hearing. And then each night while sitting on the couch I pull up my shirt and just watch my belly move all over. I just love seeing that the baby's wiggles and kicks are getting bigger and stronger, thus letting me know that this little one is doing so well.

I am just praying so hard that I can carry this baby to term, that I don't get deathly ill, that there aren't long term hospitalizations, and complications. That we can finally have a normal delivery and birth:-) But at the end of the day praying for God's will is what I am really wanting.

Psalm 139:13 You made all the delicate, inner parts of my body and knit me together in my mother's womb.

No comments:

Post a Comment