Friday, June 17, 2011

24 weeks!!!

Pregnancy Highlights:
How Far Along: 24 Weeks

Doctor: I haven't seen any doctors this week. I did get my labs back from last week and unfortunately my liver enzymes have gone up a tiny bit. I spoke with them today, but depending on how I feel tomorrow may go in tomorrow or not until next thursday. :-) Have I said how blessed and thankful that I am to have these new perinatal doctors? God really provided for me with them.

Size of baby: Munchkin now weighs about 1 and 1/3 pounds and is around a foot long, about the size of an ear of corn:-)


Development: The baby's sense of hearing is fully developed now and loud noises can startle him/her. Munchkin now also has eyelashes and hair (well may have hair, my kiddos usually don't have any)

Sleep: I worked the last several nights before last night so sleep has been lacking in the last half of the week, but I am certainly feeling a good sleep coming on tonight:-)

What I miss: Nothing really this week

Cravings: I had a fabulous Hunka Chunka PB Fudge sundae from Friendlys yesteray, it was so yummy. Peanut butter and chocolate have been very desirable this week, as has watermelon and green grapes

Weight: I was up 0.6 pounds on our scale this week

Symptoms: heartburn is become an almost nightly occurance, I have also been having sharp stabbing right upper quadrant pains that are coming and going. I have started having the pain in my lower left belly now. And my kids are really enjoying how often I get hiccups and have burps:-)

Best Moment this week: Watching my belly shake rattle and roll with movement as this little munchkin does gymnastics in there. I just feel so blessed to be here. After the scare of the baby not being viable and thinking that I may not get to be pregnant until the point where I could feel the baby, these movements just bring me tremendous joy.

Psalm 139:13 You made all the delicate, inner parts of my body and knit me together in my mother's womb.

No comments:

Post a Comment