Monday, October 8, 2012

Being honest....

So I will be honest, dealing with Preston's illness has really really had me struggling. I feel so overwhelmed and stressed with the realization that P is sick too. I had started wrapping my brain around the thought that although it would stink if he had the same immunodeficiency tht Sam had, we would be ok. I had the attitude of "We've been there done that..." Yes I was thinking htat yep it would totally be stinky but that I could handle it. But that is not the case... It would appear that Preston's immune stuff is worse and more complicated than Sam. And I was really letting that scare me. But I am so thankful for a God that reminds us ever so gently that He doesn't want "ME" to handle it, He wants to carry the burden and us through it. It hit me so clearly this week. I was feeling so anxious and scared thinking that I didn't know how "I" could handle this, but praise God I serve the ONE who can handle this for us. Yesterday God reminded me again of how He provides in every situation, in unexpected ways. I had been feeling so sad that we hadn't celebrated Preston's birthday, and since we had already rescheduled 3x I was just feeling like we had to get it done. I was stressed about exposing him to lots of people, stressed about having tons of people at our house and even more stressed about decorating, feeding and entertaining people when I was feeling so overwhelmed and exhausted. And then my amazing friend, who is more like a sister, offered to host P's party at her house!!! I am still so amazed that she offered this tremendous blessing to me. Yesterday turned out beautifully! I am so very thankful to everyone who helped celebrate Preston and his first birthday. To Megan and Jeremy, thank you from the bottom of my heart! I am so very thankful for your love prayers and friendship. You made a beautiful day for Preston. I had all these great plans for his birthday, and had been workig diligently getting things done. And then I just got so overwhelmed that I couldn't get out of my own way. And then God AGAIN reminded me that EVERYTHING is possible with Him, and that it never was MY party to do. It was all in His hands from the beginning, and when I "Let Go and Let GOD" all things worked amazingly well. I ordered this amazing outfit and bib to go with our Very Hungry Caterpillar by Eric Carle theme. I ordered it from The Fresh Vintage Shop. The owner of the shop was amazing to work with. I am ordering some clothes for Sophia next. I HIGHLY recommend her.
How sweet is this?
The romper had fruit embroidered on his bottom
This is the best made bib I have seen, super absorbant and so well made. Not to mention tremendously cute In going with the Hungry Caterpillar theme there is all kinds of ideas out there. My best friend Chantal worked on decorations, as did I. And then at the party my friends Meg and Tipp just did such a great job turning my desires into reality. Everything looked so cute...
He had so much fun opening and CLIMBING on his presents...
I made cupcakes and cake that were "Sammy safe." I made chocolate and vanilla. Preston REALLY enjoyed his...
For some reason the rest won't upload right now....Will add some more tomorrow. But I just want to encourage those out there that are struggling with something. YOU don't have to do it alone, REALLY TRULY LET GO AND LET GOD! When I let go and gave it to God an opportunity that I never knew existed occured. I would have never asked someone to host a part for me... But in giving my stress to God, it allowed my amazing friends to be vessels for His glory! Let Go and Let GOD, and wait until you see how God will work in your situation!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment