Friday, July 15, 2011

28 weeks!

Slow and steady we are getting there! It feels crazy to be here, after at 20 weeks there was a question as to whether we would even get to viability. We are just so tremendously blessed.
How far along:
28 Weeks

Doctor: I was supposed to go this upcoming wednesday but it has been postponed because the doctor is adamant that I have an ultrasound, and the insurance won't pay unless it has been two weeks from the last one (the labor and delivery visit)

Size of baby: Munchkin now weighs between 2 and 3 pounds!!! Although after that ultrasound at labor adn delivery where the baby weighed 2lb 5oz it might be bigger than 3 pounds!!! This is just so exciting to me. Baby Surprise is about 15inches long, or the length of a cinnamon churro:-)


Development: Baby Surprise's eyelids are partially open now and he/she also has eyelashes now. Sucking and swallowing are being practiced continually now. Baby may also have a head full of hair by now.

Sleep: For the last week or so all of a sudden I have had desperate struggles every night to sleep. I don't feel as though I am uncomfortable I just can't turn my brain off. I wake up thinking of all kinds of stuff that I have to do.

What I miss: sleep

Cravings: Mango, watermelon and frozen lemonade. And Matt brought me Haagen Daaz Mango sorbet tonight, can I just say how delicious it was??? YUM!!!

Weight: I have gained two pounds this past week! I have been getting a little swollen, so I am sure some of it is fluid. This puts me at 15 pounds less than when I start

Symptoms: Heartburn, has been intermittent this week, some days much more mild and some days much worse than it has been. I have now started with some swelling in my feet and hands, as well as a tiny bit in my face one day

Best Moment this week: Realizing how close we are getting, and each day feeling this little one thrive in there. I so enjoy seeing Sam and Sophia's face when they are feeling the baby kick

No comments:

Post a Comment