Friday, April 29, 2011

17 weeks

Pregnancy Highlights:
How Far Along: 17 Weeks

Doctor: Not this week, but next week I have an ultrasound!!!

Size of baby: Munchkin now weighs about 5 ounces and is a little more than five inches long, about the size of a baked potato:-)


Development: Munchkins sucking skills are in full swing this week. S/He is starting to store fat to help keep baby warm. From this point on weight gain will be picking up rapidly for Munchkin.

Sleep: Has been a little better this week. I have gotten a couple of naps in, and the nausea is better so I am feeling more rested.

What I miss: Nothing really this week

Cravings: Vitamin Water, I ended up buying a case of it the other day, and noticed on some days that I wasn't nauseaous after I drank it! So then I realized that a couple of them have a huge cocktail of B- vitamins. Who knew???? At least if we ever have another baby, I will be stocking up on the vitamin waterto see if that helps the nausea earlier along.

Weight: NONE lost this week!!! I didn't gain any either but at least I didn't lose.

Symptoms: Nausea is getting better, praising God for that. My regular jeans are starting to be a tiny bit uncomfortable on the belly, makes me feel pregnant. I am also wondering if I am starting to feel the baby a tiny bit:-)

Best Moment this week: Sam especially has started being so affectionate about the baby. Rubbing and kissing my belly, talking to the baby. Talking about sharing and holding and cuddling the baby. Sophia has also started to become a little more interested. She wants to "lay right next to the baby." And will occasionally rub my belly and kiss it as well. She asks lots of questions like: is the baby sleeping? crying? is the baby hungry? Did the baby poop? etc....

No comments:

Post a Comment