Friday, April 22, 2011

16 weeks

Pregnancy Highlights:
How Far Along: 16 Weeks

Doctor: I had an OB appointment with Dr Russell today. This was my first visit with her. She seems cautious and concerned with my history, which makes me feel comfortable with her. She was concerned (FINALLY) with my vomiting and weight loss and has prescribed Zofran. So I have been taking that the last few days and prayerfully the vomiting will now stop.

Size of baby: Munchkin now weighs about 3 ounces and is about five inches long, about the size of an avacado:-)


Development: Munchkins heart is now pumping about 25 quarts of blood a day! AMAZING!!! The baby can now make many facial expressions, such as squinting, grimacing and yawning. If Munchkin is a girl, her ovaries are in overdrive this week making her primitive egg cells.

Sleep: Has been a little better this week. I have gotten a couple of naps in, and the nausea is better so I am feeling more rested.

What I miss: Nothing really this week

Cravings: blueberries, and the ones I got are wonderful

Weight: Depending on what scale: my scale at home I have lost 18lbs, and by the doctors office scale yesterday 24lb:-( My poor baby:-(

Symptoms: Nausea is getting better, praising God for that. My regular jeans are starting to be a tiny bit uncomfortable on the belly, makes me feel pregnant. I am also wondering if I am starting to feel the baby a tiny bit:-)

Best Moment this week: Hearing the heart beat! Steady and strong. It took the doctor quite a while to find it and I was so panicky about it. I was so thankful when she finally found it and I could breathe again. Once she found it she kept the doppler there for a long time and I got to hear it for quite a while. There is just such an amazing feeling when you hear a brand new heart beating. I also made the BIG ANNOUNCEMENT To everyone this week via the computor. It has been so fun reading everyones responses and comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment