Sunday, April 17, 2011

15 weeks

Pregnancy Highlights:
How Far Along: 15 Weeks

Doctor: I hadn't been to the doctor this week until yesterday, when I was 15wks and 1 day. I went because I was dehydrated and feeling awful. It took 9 attempts to get the IV in, and they gave me three liters of fluid! I am feeling a little better though and am thankful that I am not in the hospital.

Size of baby: Munchkin now weighs about 2.5 ounces and is about four inches long, about the size of an apple:-)


Development: The baby can now sense light, and if a light was shined on my belly Munchkin would move away. The sex organs are now formed as well, and could be visible by ultrasound. I am hoping to keep it a surprise this time. (I can't even imagine the excitement and joy that this will bring)

Sleep: This week I have been feeling pretty tired again, but I think it is because I got dehydrated. I am sleeping alot, and often

What I miss: Nothing really this week

Cravings: chinese food:-)

Weight: Depending on what scale: my scale at home I have lost 18lbs, and by the doctors office scale yesterday 24lb:-( My poor baby:-(

Symptoms: Nausea is almost constant, and the vomiting has gotten worse again this week

Best Moment this week: We attempted to listen to the baby's heartbeat yesterday when I was getting IV fluid. It was very difficult, as it would appear that I have an anterior placenta (meaning my placenta is attached at the front of my stomach, instead of the side or the back) so it is hard to hear the baby's heart beat through it right now. But we did hear it sporadically:-) This was my first time, and I have been waiting FOREVER!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment