Friday, March 11, 2011

10 Weeks

Pregnancy Highlights:
How Far Along: 10 Weeks
Doctor: I had a visit with the nurse this week. We went over my past two
pregnancies and all the complications. We discussed risks/concerns,
and when to notify them. We did blood work 8 vials worth! And also
the dreaded 50gram glucola test! YUCK!!!
Size of baby: Baby weighs only 4 grams and measures 1½ inches, about the
size of a mondo Brazil nut.
Development: This week the baby is no longer an embryo and now becomes a
fetus. The "tail" has now started to fuse into a spinal column
and the skeleton is starting to form and harden, and actually
already has fingers and toes! Isn't that amazing? And truly
a miracle from God:-)

Sleep: I feel like the exhaustion is getting worse, but maybe it is just
because things are just so busy right now

What I miss: A good night's sleep kind of:-)

Cravings: Not really any cravings this week, the nausea has kind of reared
its ugly head again this week.

Weight: I have lost seven pounds. I thought I was doing really well with
eating and haven't been vomiting as much as I have in the past.
But the scale tells a different story....

Symptoms: Nausea is still very prevalent, but the vomiting has improved. I
seem to be hypersensitive to smells, but not in a bad way.

Best Moment this week: An ultrasound!!! I was completely terrified and so
fearful that there would be no heartbeat. I actually had turned
my head away from the screen intermittently because I couldn't
face the thought. But then the technician said "The heart rate
is 166" Oh the joy I felt was indescribable. I am so so thankful
that Meg came with me, and is enjoying this right along side me.
Names: I have been toying around with the baby name books just for fun in
the last few days. I came across one that I am totally drawn to:
Elianna (which means God has answered my prayer) How perfect is
that? Not sure if it will be "the name" but today it is certainly
my favorite:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment