Monday, December 30, 2013

Christmas 2013

Christmas was wonderful this year. WE were able to spend lots of time with family and were able to celebrate Jesus' birth with those that we love. `The kids are loving singing "Happy birthday" to Jesus on Christmas Eve, and I am so thankful that it is a tradition that my parents started with us. We were all sick on Christmas Eve with colds, so didn't do all the visiting that we had planned but still it was nice. We did go to the Christmas Eve service at our church, and we had dinner at my parents, and typically a large party is planned but my mom called everyone to say we wouldn't be doing the big party as our family was sick and she didn't want to expose everyone. I was happy to be able to be out and not be home and not spending time with our family. Christmas Day was wonderful. The kids were thrilled with their gifts. We were so blessed this year by the generosity of some wonderful people. My parents as well as one of my husbands co-workers helped us get gifts for the kids this year. I can't even begin to tell you how blessed we were to receive these gifts. Each of the kids got one special gift that they were really really hoping for. Sophia got an American girl doll and was beyond excited. She also got clothing for her doll and some lip gloss and clothing. Sam got a snow board and legos that he had really wanted. Preston got this sweet little Mickey chair that he absolutely is thrilled about. And little miss Paisley got Sophia the Giraffe which she is loving chewing on.

No comments:

Post a Comment